Nope. Sorry, I (mistakenly) assumed it would "just work" :( I've update
the HTML page to use strings (well HTML segments) defined in the
standard "strings.txt" file. This should then be used to translate the
page.

I'm sorry I'm too late... for content heavy static HTML files you can add the language code as another extension. Eg. readme.html.fr. See https://github.com/michaelherger/Spotty-Plugin/tree/master/HTML/EN/plugins/Spotty/html

The "EN" in the base skin path is a bit confusing. I'm not sure whether they thought about using this part of the path to help localization. But I can't remember EN had anything to do with the language since I got involved in the project (which was... a long time ago!).