Redrum wrote:
> I think that's because many (including myself), did not notice the
> difference between desktop and mobile, until you pointed it out :). I
> guess I just handle the two tap without even thinking about it.

If you're saying you do use the direct play button on the PC browser
version, yet don't think about it on the android side, I would qualify
that as puzzling too. :)

Redrum wrote:
> I think that Craig does a good job of balancing the needs/desires of the
> user community, while avoiding the mish mash of "everything for every
> one". As we all know, our actions have unintended consequences, and what
> may seem a benign  change for some, trips someone up further down the
> road. Then there is the factor of Craig's time. Now that Material is
> this mature (and excellent), I think it's a good position to scrutinize
> changes, no matter how small (seemingly).

I don't think I've said anything to suggest otherwise, in case that
might be why you felt it was important to defend Craig's work?

Redrum wrote:
> I also use squeeze cntrl as well as material. I like them both for
> different reasons. Glad you found what you were looking for! If you have
> not used SB Player (also from Angry Goat) and want to have your android
> device act like a player, the two integrate well.
> Jim

Yeah, I purchased SB Player around the same time as Squeeze Ctrl,
thanks. I also use Squeeze Player, which seems to do pretty much the
same thing. The only thing that would be nice to have when using my
android phone as a player (here he goes again :) ) is proper
synchronisation...not sure if that limitation is hardware or android
related...or both.