ralphy wrote:
> I've never used the Deltawave software, but when you record from a
> device you usually have to specify the samplerate, bits and channels.
>
> If you enable squeezelite logging level info or higher the output format
> is reported at startup.

Code:
--------------------
  >   > squeezelite -o hw:CARD=Intel -d all=info
  >
  > [05:54:24.435635] alsa_open:425 opened device hw:CARD=Intel using format:
S32_LE sample rate: 44100 mmap: 1
  > [05:54:24.435675] alsa_open:516 buffer: 40 period: 4 -> buffer size: 1764
period size: 441
--------------------

> If you're capturing the output from squeezelite through stdout then
> you have to specify the bit depth using the -a option, otherwise the
> default is 16.
>
> From -?

Code:
--------------------
  >   > -a <f>    Specify sample format (16|24|32) of output file when using -o
- to output samples to stdout (interleaved little endian only)
--------------------

I am choosing a snd-aloop loopback hw:3,0,0 as the output device for
Squeezelite. I selected it in the Squeezelite settings file to
temporarily replace my Topping E30. I noticed in piCorePlayer the bit
depth is not normally specified so does that mean the output bit depth
is automatically the same as the original file?
Is volume of a 16 bit file performed at 24 bit like hardware
Squeezeboxes?

This is the command I used to save it
ffmpeg -f alsa -acodec pcm_s32le -channels 2 -sample_rate 44100 -i
hw:3,1,0 fromFLAC.wav
so I specified a sample rate but no bit depth so from your reply it
would default to 16 bit. I originally wanted 16 bit so I could compare
my original 16 bit FLAC file to Squeezelite output directly and show it
was bit perfect. Now I am comparing different volume levels I thought I
might get better results saving the output at 24 bits.
Deltawave correlates the two waveforms correcting for amplitude and the
16 bit waveform looks very blocky at 10% volume [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk