# chown -R slimserver /usr/share/InguzEQ/
#

did the trick. I cooled down and realised I should look in the
slimserver logs for clues! It couldn't write to 'error' in the above
directory as slimserver user.

Tingtong5, good news is the basic inguz file type is playing happily
now on 64-bit debian (I have only used the 9 band equaliser so far
though).

Hugh, I have some more questions which I'll post to a more appropriate
thread.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

Monarchy CLD-M401 transport or SB3 -> Sony DAS-703ES DAC -> Krell
KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1 (home-made room treatments and supports)