I just recently got my SB3 and am loving it! There's only one thing I
wish I could get it to do and I am hoping someone might be able to
point me in the right direction to a plugin that will work for me.

I've been using the standard Random Mix in SlimServer. What I would
like to do is configure it so that when it creates a playlist it would
keep tracks together (sequentialy) when those tracks flow continously
from from one track to the next track in the album.

Here's an example:

Assume a live performance where the song China Cat is being played.
When performed China Cat transitioned into another song titled Know You
Rider. There was no pausing from one song to the other and no gap
between the songs. It was all played as one long continous block of
music.

Now in the recording, China Cat is saved on disk as file 1 and Know You
Rider is saved as file 2. With the Random Mix in SlimServer it breaks
the two songs apart (because they are 2 different files.) As a result
only track 1 is added to the Random Mix and when played and it ends
abruptly when the file has been played and SlimServer moves to the next
song on the playlist. I would like to find a plugin that would look to
see if Track 1 and Track 2 are continous before adding them to the
playlist, and if they are then add them both to the playlist in their
original sequential order.

I'd appreciate any help from anybody that can lead me to a plugin that
can do this.

If it's not something that's already been done then here's a thought
for some of the programmers out there that might want to incorporate it
into something they are working on......

Typically in creating the tags for a live performance a song that flows
together is indicated as follows:

d1t01 China Cat >
d1t02 Know You Rider

The ">" indicates that the songs are continuous. Sometimes you will see
"->" used as well. It would seem to me that if the playlist generator
could read the tag of a song and recognize the ">" it could then add
the next track to the playlist.

Keep in mind that I am not a programmer, so the above might be
completely unfeasable. But I thought I'd throw it out there as an idea
that might be worth consideration and evaluation by the programmers out
there that can properly evaluate it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
T_T