erland;231471 Wrote:

> I guess the user interface could generate several queries, first a
> number of queries that retrieve id's and then some queries that uses
> the id's. The problem is just that this would require a lot more
> changes in the plugin code.
>
> But the idea was good, it just doesn't fit very good in the current
> implementation. However, I'm still not sure this is a dead end, because
> joining integers might be a lot faster and the text table will be a lot
> smaller. So even if the id/value separation would double the number of
> joins it might still be faster than the current solution.

Maybe the ss7 porting could be an excuse for a major rewrite... :). Ok,
I was just joking.

As it seems that you were about to do the "multiple tables" evolution,
we can wait to see what happen when it's done. It could be interesting
to do some raw sql benchmarks on egd data before deciding the way to
go...

--
vrobin