mgraves;231905 Wrote:
> Is there a plug-in for SlimServer that would let me add some on-the-fly
> dynamics control? This would be most useful for those occasions when
> you need a playlist for a polite dinner party. You need reasonably
> consistent music level, even though of of the music on the playlist
> might be quite dynamic.

ReplayGain,as Grahame noted, only adjusts the "volume" for each track.
It's great if your playlist is filled with tracks each of which has
fairly limited dynamic range, like most pop/rock/etc. music. But if you
really want dynamic range compression so that a recording that normally
ranges from pianissimo to fortissimo plays back between piano and
mezzo-piano(?), ReplayGain is not what you want. You'd probably want
something like slimserver-convert.conf with an external processing app
(sox on Linux/Mac?) to manipulate the sound.

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade
StatusFirst VolumeLock