Hello,
i am currently using (and loving) my squeezebox (v3) with my NAD C325
amplifier. I built myself an IR Blaster (the first on
http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html works great) which works
perfectly with the attached .ir file (for reference for NAD SR-5 remote
users).
However the NAD amplifier has a mini jack IR Input which I would like
to use (it would be much nicer visually).

So I contacted NAD to have the specs of the IR input. Here is their
reply :
> The C325BEE uses NEC encoding with customer code 877C for it's IR
> commands.  Attached is a list of all of the commands.
> The IR input connector uses a 3.5mm (or 1/8") mini jack.  The tip of
> the
> connector is the signal and the sleeve is ground.  The signal level is
> 5V.  The signal can be modulated with a 38 kHz carrier or can be
> unmodulated.  For unmodulated signals, the signal can be normally low
> with positive pulses or normally high with negative pulse.

So the IR Blaster with a jack-jack cable should work.
Unfortunately it does not :(

So I recorded using a sound card (I couldn't get an oscilloscope
easily) both the NAD IR Ouput and the Squeezebox's blaster output.
The result is in the attached Zip file. Left channel is the squeezebox,
right channel is the NAD.

As you can see, the NAD is outputting the data with pulse. But I think
the main problem may be the first pulse which is inverted on the NAD
output.
Has anyone ever seen such a protocol and made it work ?

I checked the code of the IR-BLaster plugin but it seems this would
need a modification of the firmware.

Any comment or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

|Filename: waves.zip                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3561|

blah