Blue_Atom;237009 Wrote:
> Excuse my UPnP ignorance if this is a silly question, but is it possible
> for the slimserver server software to act as a UPnP server on the
> network?
> Thanks.

No. Thats exactly the reasan why i ask for a plugin. I think the
slimprotocol ist great - in my opinion even better than UPnP. But: its
proprietary - it only works with SlimDevices hardware.
If you want to use a hifi device in the livingrooom (eg. Squeezebox)
and cheap UPnP device in kitchen or bathroom you have to run two
servers: Slimserver and an UPnP-Server (e.g. Twonkey).

--
Staschi