alexg;242305 Wrote:
> Thank you Matthew for giving it a look.
>
> From looking at iConcertCal as a model, I quite like the calendar look.
> The idea of a personal concert calendar based on the artists in my
> collection gets me pretty jazzed.

It gets me "jazzed" too. (If I understand the meaning of the word
properly!)

alexg;242305 Wrote:
> I envision a plugin that somehow tells me about upcoming shows for all
> the artists in my collection, rather than just for those artists that I
> may be playing at the time.  The possibility to exclude certain artists
> (i.e. either 1-by-1 or even by genre) would be very nice.
>
> Maybe a screensaver that would auto-scroll through the upcoming shows
> for that evening or for that weekend/week?  Maybe you could set the
> length of time it looks out into the future.  This could get very long,
> though.
>
> Maybe an alert as you mentioned or the way Herger's biography plugin
> works(click to the plugin as the song is playing), but again these
> operate in a more artist-by-artist fashion.
Yep, I had similar thoughts about the Biography plugin too.

To summarise my thoughts:
- certainly would want to display a calendar in the SlimCenter web
interface and/or on the Jive remote
- make the calendar available to other applications via '_iCal_'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar)
- possibly show a screensaver with up-coming gigs based on your
location
- possibly enable some context-aware feature, based on the current
artist

I did a bit of hacking last night, in a kind of "proof-of-concept"
way.

Matthew

--
mflint

'GoalRush , LiveDepartures and ArtistPlaylist plugins'
(http://www.insignificant.org/wiki/index.php/Slim_Plugins)