csidd;251112 Wrote:
> Thanks Greg. I have the squeezebox working but the Slimp3 is still not
> working. I still get the wma convert error. Is there an issue with the
> plug in and the original Slimp3 that is causing my trouble? Thankls for
> your help.
>
> Chad
The way the plugin works is it basically authenticates you and then it
sends a request to Sirius for a specific channel to play.  Sirius
responds with a URL to play.  The plugin then passes this URL to SC to
stream.  SC handles the stream/audio/etc.

Newer Squeezeboxes are able to play WMA streams directly with hardware
decoding.  Older Slimp3s do not have hardware decoding for WMA.
Therefore the server must transcode the WMA stream into something the
Slimp3 can play (MP3).  On a Windows machine this is done with WMADEC
which should already be on your system.

I'm not sure exactly what WMA error you're receiving.  You can try
enabling some other streaming/etc related debugging options to see if
they give any additional clues as to what's not working.

-Greg

--
GoCubs