Shredder;252688 Wrote:

> I am interested in custom browse, because I am not too satisfied with
> SS as a manager (wish I could just use J. River).

Just so you realize it. Custom Browse is just a plugin in SlimServer so
you will still need SlimServer, but you can replace almost all standard
browse menus with the Custom Browse alternatives if you like to.

Shredder;252688 Wrote:

> Anyway, will your plug-in work on a NAS? I have a Thecus 5200
> pro.

No idea.
The things that could cause problem is:

1. There could be performance issues since Custom Browse uses a bit of
memory, but I know that people are running it on NAS boxes so I guess
it depends on the processor/memory on the NAS.

2. It has to be possible to install third party plugins on the NAS.
Some NAS boxes comes with pre built SlimServer packages and it can then
be hard to install additional plugins, I have no idea   how your NAS
works.

Shredder;252688 Wrote:
> Is it possible to organize by album/artist with your plug-in? I did not
> see that option on your Wiki.

Do you mean in the same way as the standard SlimServer Artist/Album
browse menus ?
If that's the case, it works.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))