>Perform a backup in TrackStat section of Server Settings/Plugins, then
>open the backup xml file in a text editor and replace the mp3
>extensions with flac extensions. Then perform a restore operation in
>TrackStat section of Server Settings/Plugins after you have performed a
>full rescan to detect the new FLAC files. I'm not sure if this will work
>if you don't have a TrackStat backup from before the change from MP3 to
>FLAC, I think it might work but I'm not completely sure.

That should be okay, providing that a purge of trackstat info has not been
performed.  TrackStat info survives full rescans, so the only way info is lost
is by doing a purge.

I've been thinking that it would be nice to have the purge function write the
items to be purged to a separate purged.xml file, rather than just thrown away.
 It would then be easier to find the stats for files that don't exist any more,
so the filenames can be modified and then imported back into TrackStat.  After
importing, the user could remove the purge.xml file.

Phil