whitman;267626 Wrote:
> Thanks Triode. (I was the original poster on this matter.) Sorry, you're
> dealing with non-techie here. How would I make mplayer.sh see a new
> installation in preference to the existing one in Apps?

What do you actually have in Applications? mplayer (a Unix file) or
MPlayer OS X (a Mac program with mplayer hidden deep inside it)? If the
latter, the simplest way to make mplayer.sh ignore it would be to move
it out of the top level of the Applications folder. It could go into
your home folder, into a subfolder of Applications, or wherever you
wanted.

If you download the version Triode has supplied, it is best put into
/usr/local/bin.

Once again I remind you and others that, although this folder is
normally invisible, it can be seen by using the Go to Folder item of
the Go menu of the Finder. Just type /usr ito the dialog box and press
Return and you get a window showing /usr from which you can go to any
subfolder in the normal way.

--
danco