lorirobn;272046 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the plugin Custom Skip, based on another post where I
> asked about skipping songs.
>
> The description on the plugin said I could use it to play songs with a
> rating less than 1, or add songs to a Zapped playlist.  I don't know if
> it's me, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do either of
> these.  I have searched the forums and googled it.  Are there explicit
> instructions anywhere?

You will need to install the TrackStat plugin to be able to skip by
ratings. When TrackStat is installed you will get some type type of
skipping filters in the Custom Skip user interface, one is "Maximum
rating to skip" which does what you like.

lorirobn;272046 Wrote:
> In one thread, I read about a Zapped playlist.  I don't have this...do I
> have to set it up?I think it will be created automatically when you start
> putting things
in the Zapped playlist. You will have to click/hold a remote key when
standing on a song in the Now Playing menu to add stuff to the Zapped
playlist. I don't remember which key it was, but I think it might be
that you should hold the "Add(+)" key on the remote for a second or two
when standing in the "Now Playing" menu.

lorirobn;272046 Wrote:
> By the way, is there a way to add songs to a zapped playlist and skip
> them from ever playing without using this plugin?
As described above, you can add them to Zapped Playlist without this
plugin.
To actually skip them, you will either need this plugin or the "Skip
Zapped Songs" plugin found here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=23175.
"Skip Zapped Songs" is a bit less flexible and just skips songs in the
Zapped Playlist but doesn't do any other kind of skipping.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))