Thanks - after your advice, I reset the WAV and Flac RTSP entries in
Advanced/Filetypes and suddenly I could listen to my AlienBBC BBC
streams again!

So, a last question - you suggested it might be old software/faulty
installation, but I am always within two days of the latest SC beta
software and I re-installed the Alien plugin on several occasions over
the last two weeks, so what caused my WAV and Flac settings to alter?.
As the beta software installs automatically, there is little user
intervention there.

Hopefully a comprehensive user guide with extensive FAQs will emerge.

--
NMarshall