I have forgotten to tell that some weeks with iPeng has made things work
out better.

And the combination of

- the actual SqueezeBox
- SqueezeCenter 7
- iPeng Skin
- iTunes Update
- CustomBrowse / Scan / TrackStat
- The alternative Music Information screen
- MusicIP Mixer
- iTunes
- A Mac Mini + and iPod Touch + Wireless
- Mac OS X 10.5

Finally seems to make a fantastic home-music-server-solution

I finally have a stable, headless server solution running, which still
needs tending from VNC once in a while, but which is finally getting
accepted here at home (after almost 1 1/2 year out in the cold by my
wife). It works, and it seems stable.

It starts up just before I get home, and shuts down just after I go to
bed. It lets me rate my music and use my dynamic playlists from iTunes.
It provides a way to rate my music as well as use these ratings
dynamically (through iTunes).

I even have a strategy for playing CD's (using NiceCast + a favorite
pointing to the nicecast broadcast).

In general - I am now - finally - a happy SqueezeBox user for the time
being.

Thanks not least to Erland and Pippin's input.

Thank you guys!

--
Sune