I am quite sure that the problematic tag did not include any quotation
mark but only the German umlaut ü (in Frühlingssonate). I changed that
to Fruehlingssonate and it worked. But to be sure I will check it
tonight when I am at home.

One further question: It seems that in the menu on the Squeezebox the
entry "all titles" (or is it "all songs" in the English version?) which
is usually available on top of all browse menus is missing when using
CustomBrowse. As far as I remember, in the web interface this entry is
shown, so it seems that only the Squeezebox menu is concerned.

And finally, is there any documentation in which all options of the
predefined mixed tags form are described? While some of the fields are
self explaining others are (at least for me) not.

--
dip