Bootzilla;283961 Wrote:
> Hi Greg.  I just sent you a $20 donation via PayPal.  The Sirius plugin
> is incredible and it keeps getting better in SC 7.0!  Thanks for
> continuing to support and update it!  I use the plugin just about
> everyday and it has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of not only Sirius
> but the Squeezebox, itself.
>
> On a related subject, I noticed that the Sirius-XM merger just cleared
> a major regulatory hurdle.  Do you anticipate that the plugin will
> continue to work if/when the merger goes through?
>
> Thanks again for all your hard work!
>
> -- Bootzilla (aka Dan)
Thanks for the positive feedback.  Unfortunately many of the posts on
here are for the few having problems and without positive posts it
gives people the impressing that the plugin isn't working.  There are
thousands of active plugin users...

It's going to be interesting to see how the whole Sirius/XM merger
plays out.  Although it got past the first hurdle it still has to get
past the FCC... which in the past has been quite biased for their
traditional radio friends.  I'm actually holding off on buying a car
right now because of the build-in satellite support for the one I want
only supports XM and I would prefer to keep the built-in stuff since it
integrates with the navi.  I believe for HARDWARE players their
intention is to have new devices rolled out that will support both data
streams.

As for the Internet streaming... I'm not sure what they'll do.  In the
short-term I'd guess they'd keep both XM and Sirius streams, but I'd
think at some point they'd try to merge them into one for cost savings.
Hopefully they merge into something based on Sirius's current set up.
Fingers crossed...  I really don't want to have to redo the plugin,
especially with my limited time lately.

-Greg

--
GoCubs