I'm having pretty much the same experience as other users posting in
this thread. I can't get slimnas to install and run.

I've started right back at scratch to eliminate any previous setup
problems. What I've done is:
- an embedded install of FreeNAS version 0.686.3 revision 3011 to a
CF.
- setup networking
- added hard disk to system, mounted as /mnt/storage and created the
share.
- created the directory /mnt/storage/slimnas and copied the 3 files
there.
- run the command /bin/sh /mnt/storage/slimnas/slimnas-install.sh
- in the Extensions/SqueezeCenter web page select
"squeezecenter-noCPAN.tgz" to install, check Enable and click on Save.
- The status remains as "Failed".

So, where can we look for diagnostics to find out what is going wrong
here? I don't know my way around freeBSD and FreeNAS so I don't know
what scripts this application is running in order to start up. Will it
create any log files anywhere (there are none in the "Maintenance"
tab)?

After the install the contents of the /mnt/storage/slimnas directory is
as follows:

drwxrwxrwx   3 www  wheel       512 Apr 21 20:08 etc
-rwxrw-rw-   1 ftp  wheel       856 Apr 20 22:12 slimnas-install.sh
-rwxrw-rw-   1 ftp  wheel  18198060 Apr 18 23:14 slimnas.tgz
drwxrwxrwx   2 www  wheel       512 Apr 21 20:08 squeezecenter
drwxrwxrwx  13 501  501        1024 Mar  3 18:19
squeezecenter-7.0-17793-noCPAN
-rwxrw-rw-   1 ftp  wheel  18464419 Apr 20 18:56
squeezecenter-noCPAN.tgz
drwxrwxrwx   6 www  wheel       512 Jan 23  2007 usr
drwxrwxrwx   3 www  wheel       512 Apr 21 20:08 var

I don't know if this is important, but the squeezecenter directory is
empty.

--
nmw