Thanks for your reply. My SB3 is connected and works fine.

I did find the answer to the problem at spicefly's website. I went to
this link: http://spicefly.com/content/view/35/32/ and followed his
installation instructions. It was either shutting off the api and
changing the port number in musicip or else it was installing the
mmm.ini file and then renaming the cache location that did the trick.

Either way it is all working fine now and I wanted to post the above
link in case someone else comes across the same issue.

Thanks again for trying to help.

And if spicefly stumbles across this post, thanks as well!

--
T_T