redil;307421 Wrote:
> Hmm, is there a new version in the offing?
>
> I tried the current plugin magnaslimV2R1.zip and put it into the
> current bleeding edge squeezeserver squeezecenter_7.1~20404_all.deb
>
> Only problem, the server.log tells me:
>

> [08-06-01 11:39:05.5849] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::enablePlugins
> (373) Couldn't load Plugins::Magnatune::Plugin. Error: Plugin is
> incompatible with this version of SqueezeCenter. Please update.
>
> Update what?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> greeting redil

redil, in order to get it to run under 7.1 you need to modify the
install.xml file and change the line with <maxVersion>7.0+</maxVersion>
to <maxVersion>*</maxVersion>. This change in the install.xml allows
"most" plugins to work on 7.1.

For me the plugin install without a hitch and after downloading
Magnatune Catalog I can navigate it and play Magnatune tracks via my
SB3... The Web UI is a different story. After downloading the Magnatune
catalog the Web UI displays two links:

>Magnatune Catalog
>New Magnatune Music

But clicking on these links does nothing. As the mouse passes over the
links IE displays an "Error on Page" message in the lower left corner
of the browser.

I was also wondering if there was later version than V2R1 that would
work on 7.1. I run my SC7.1 server on Windows XP.

--
tamanaco