Thanks bpa for the tips! The problem is just that I'm not really sure
what I'm supposed to do with most of these things, except rebooting
which I did of course.  How do I check ownership and permission for the
edited install.xml and how do I compare it with the original, since I
did edit that and saved the new version? How do I see if there are
hidden characters in the file and how would I now how it was encoded
etc ? I jut followed the instructions in the post which seemed very
simple and straightforward, thought that was the idea for getting this
to work.

Sorry for my ignorance :)

Zevs

--