cparker;315986 Wrote:
> You should look at setting MIP to run in headless mode, then when you
> have done your stuff in the MIP GUI, just reload the MIP headless page
> and then a rescan with SC and should be job done!
>
> This is the strongest way of using MIP and SC together, otherwise if
> you close the MIP GUI then MIP stops.

Thanks - but I'm already running MIP headless. I only start the GUI to
find and analyse any new stuff, or to create filters.

> If you replace the original MIP interface with my improved MIP headless
> interface you will get a filters button so you can check that the
> filters are viewable.
>
> Then if you reload from SC they should appear. (should ;)
>
> See my site for further details.

Yup, had already done all that - your site was instrumental in getting
my headless MIP up and running (though for some reason for ages I could
only make mixes from playlists in SC). The filters certainly appear from
your interface.

... aha! And now they appear in SC as well! (Without any more new
scans, btw; so would a rescan really be necessary?) What I *didn't* do
before was visit the headless page after creating the filter.

I still haven't quite sussed the relationship between the GUI and the
headless server. Is it the case that the server needs to be "kicked" in
order to pick up changes made by (or when using) the GUI?

Unfortunately, this means my wife can now have prog-free mixes :-(  But
only if I tell her it's fixed :-)

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie