bebop;346374 Wrote:
> I have just upgraded from SC 7.2 to 7.3 due to problems with
> transcoding(which is fixed in 7.3) but now my beloved SvrPowerControl
> does not hibernate my SC server anymore (Ubuntu 8.04)it worked like a
> charm in 7.2.
I'm not running 7.3 yet (nor Ubantu) so I don't have any sort of guess
at this point.

I did just post a new version of the plugin at
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48521

You might try that version and see if it resolves the problem.

New in this 20081003 release:

Minor tweak to the block CLI: the clearblock cli request now returns
the number of blocks remaining.

Lots of code devoted to implementing a "Update SqueezeCenter"
feature...all of which has been very carefully commented out.  I'm
taking PeterW's advice on this that this may possibly be a dumb idea.
The code's there, if you want to look at it, though.  The really,
really missing piece is the system update script, which I didn't
include.

Also, a "Restart SqueezeCenter" feature is now included.  This too
requires a shell script and a RedHat version is included.  I'm still
working on a Windows version and that is prob. 3 weeks away.  I've been
finding it tricky to write a cmd script that consistently restarts
SqueezeCenter regardless of whether SC is running as a user process or
as a service.

Remember: this new version will overwrite your SrvrPowerCtrl prefs with
the defaults.  Make a backup of srvrpowerctrl.prefs if this is of
concern.

I'm taking a "market mental-health break" and will be on a media
quasi-fast about 8 time-zones to the east of where I normally reside.
Don't expect to hear from me too much until towards the end of the
month.

--
gharris999