Hello there,

I have my music collection in FLAC format.
There are alot of samplers/compilations/various artists albums in my
collection. Now I want to be able to browse the collection by *Artist*
and *Album Artist* in such a way that:
If the ALBUMARTIST tag exists, the album artist's name only should
appear in Album Artists but all its artists (=track artists) should
appear in Artists.
If the ALBUMARTIST tag does not exist, the album's artist should
appear in Album Artists and also in Artists.
(The second condition could be left out if I set the ALBUMARTIST tag
the same as the ARTIST tag for all single-artist-albums.)

I should end up with the Album Artists menu containing the same number
of items as there are CDs in my collection and with the Artists menu
containing all artists of my collection.
So basically I want an extra menu item called Album Artists and
populate it as described. The question here is how to do that.
It can probably be done with the custom browse plugin - but how?
Squeezecenter reads the ALBUMARTIST tag of FLAC files but I don't know
how to use them in custom browse. Do I need to install custom scan,
too?

cheers,
Jassel

--