A somewhat less technical issue than most of those posed here.  I've
just installed a 7.2 Squeezebox setup on a new PC, running Vista
64-bit.  Everything went fine, and I added in Alien 7.2 without any
difficulty.

Now, I here in Texas use the live R3 stream as my morning Alarm Clock.
But, under the 7.2 combo, I now get - at a somewaht enhanced volume -
the "You;re listening to BBC Radio 3, live over the Internet"
announcement before the actual live stream kicks in a few seconds
later.  Setting the Alarm to fade in doesn;t really help.  Under the
previous version, a 7.1 combo IIRC, I got the live stream straight
away, without the announcement.

Any work-round for this?

AGB (amazingly grateful to you Aliens for doing all this anyway...)

--
agbagb