bpa;349917 Wrote:
> Wavinput does not send anything on the network unless you using network
> pipes to send from one PC to another ?
>
> Assuming CD is connected to SPDIF input on the same PC that is running
> SC, then Waveinput just copies PCM data from a device which has a
> "recording" capability" and streams them as a WAV streams through Flac
> (all inside PC). The Flac stream is then passed by SC out to SB - so
> there is no special wavincmd packets
>
> Using "recording" devices directly and wavin2cmd ensures minimal
> alteration by Windows audio processing.

I have done some brief checks tonight. The whs server shows total cpu
usuage of mostly less than 5% - occasional peaks at 15-20%. Network
usage is less than 1% with peaks up to about 5%max when streaming wave
in flac. I need to do more tests when time allows - but it doesn't seem
to be cpu maxing out issue.

--
coppo23