I have been trying to get slimnas to work for a few days, and I can't
figure out what's going on, even looking at all these forums posts.

I am using FreeNas v0.68, Slimnas v1.1.2, and Squeezecenter v7.1
(squeezecenter-7.1-noCPAN.tgz)

I installed Slimnas using the .sh file, and that worked. At first I
tried to use Slimnas to install Squeezecenter but after five minutes I
saw that it was recursively creating "squeezecenter" folders, so I
stopped it. I saw a post somewhere that said to uncompress the
squeezecenter tgz file and rename the directory to squeezecenter, so I
did that.

Now, when I enable/save on the Squeezecenter plugin page, it says
Failed. I have tried reloading the page after a few minutes and it
still says Failed. The CPU is not working and none of the top Processes
seem to indicate that anything is happening. I also do not see any log
file in my /mnt/mymnt/slimnas/var/squeezecenter/Logs directory. There
is also nothing in the Freenas logs.

I am running FreeNAS off of a flash disk, if that makes any
difference.

Is there anything I can check?

--
milowg