As far as I know MusicIP is only distributed in binary form for x86
CPU's.

This means that you will be able to run it on a NAS based on a x86 CPU
but you won't be able to run it on the the QNAP (since it don't have a
x86 CPU). I'm not sure if there are any NAS boxes besides home built
that use x86 CPU's.

A Mini-ITX solution feels optimal for this kind of usage as already
suggested earlier in the thread.

By the way, even if it was possible to run MusicIP on the QNAP NAS I
have a feeling you would get a pretty slow system due to the fact that
both MusicIP and SqueezeCenter would have to share the limited amount
of primary memory in the box.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))