I just installed the plugin with no issues.  I have been working with
XAP for some time.  I do have an issue though and will be approaching
it in two ways.  One via erspearson and the plugin and secondly with a
RFQ to Squeezecenter.

The problem is with the playing of encoded (5 and 7 channel music) The
volume oof the player must remain at 100 (maximum) so the system does
not try to blindly alter the volume of the encoded stream. The volume
must be controlled by the preamp/amp being fed by the player. The XAP
system reports the volume value as 100 every time I do something to
change it.   I would like a capability where the XAP plugin reports a
change in volume up or down in addition to the volume level. The IR
blaster plugin does this and allows me to signal the preamp (actually
the PC that controls the Preamp) that the voume should be changed
up/down. In fact the blaster plugin does not report the volume level
only the direction of change.  I use fixed increment of 5% on the
preamp.

Thanks

In this way I can control the Preamp through the PC which already is
running XAP and has been for several years.

--
barrygordon