> 1. I enter Plugins::MusicInfoSCR::Info::getFormatString with
> $formattedString set to "TITLESWITCHERALBUMARTISTTRACKSTATRATING"

Very likely a similar issue to what you've reported last time: my regex is
a bit too simplistic.

> Code:
> --------------------
>  my $albumOrArtist = ($formatString =~ /(ALBUM|ARTIST)/i);
> --------------------

Please change this regex to "/\b(?:ALBUM|ARTIST)\b/i" and try again.

> 3. Finally it enters the if statement for $albumOrArtist and when it
> reaches the following row the ***** in my format string is changed to
> an empty string.

Oops... cleaning up too aggressively :-/.

> I'm not sure if the problem is the regular expression in step 1 or the
> replacement regular expression in step 3. It works correctly as long as
> I don't have the word ALBUM or ARTIST in the title format name.

It's the combination. The cleanup was intended to remove excessive
characters from some radio stations, which tend to keep the display
scrolling nonsense characters forever.

Michael