I actually started to do a plugin for synchronizing the iPod some time
ago but never finished it. It won't work towards new iPod's because
Apple has chosen to restrict synchronization to iTunes so there is no
way to do it from a third party application at the moment (at least not
until the iPod hash algorithm has been cracked). However, I'm starting
to realize that the part of the code that selects and copies files
might be useful for other portable players.

I'll see if I can get some time to clean up the code a bit to make it
ready for a release. If some developer who knows perl is interested in
helping, please let me know.

pippin, downloading through Javascript feels like something that
probably is restricted in the web browser, especially if we are talking
about downloading multiple files as we probably do in this situation.
Maybe it's possible to change the browser settings so you allow it from
a specific site ?

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))