censor;375563 Wrote:

> I currently have one library, containing music, audiobooks and kids
> music.
>
> I would love to have those three categories split apart (the audiobooks
> wreak havoc because of the authors popping up as artists, the sheer
> number of files etc, the kids music needs to be very easy to locate -
> but the audiobooks is really the big pain here).
>
> Should I install multilibrary, or just delete author from the ID3 tags
> of my audiobooks?
>
> I guess the latter, since just the titles mess things up to my mind.

It depends what you like to do, if you just want to get rid of the
authors it might be easiest to re-tag them. However, don't do this if
you feel that it would be useful to be able to browse audio books by
authors.

censor;375563 Wrote:

> So... I have downloaded MultiLibrary and CustomBrowsw, but exactly what
> sort of libraries should I set up in order to simply split these
> categories apart by folder location? (I have a folder called music,
> then "pop", "book" and "kids".
>
> I don't need any extra menus or stuff, just looking for the split
> here...
Just create three libraries of the type "Standard library" and specify
the full path to each library folder in the "Included Directory 1"
parameter of each library.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))