I have SqueezeCenter (7.3.2) and AlienBBC (v2.4a4-7.3) on Windows Vista.
I also have Lame.exe (3.98.2) in the same folder as mplayer.exe.  I
have an SB1 player (actually, its a Roku Soundbridge M1001).  It all
works beautifully to play the BBC live and listen again streams.
Thanks bpa and Triode!

To get it to work, however, I had to do two things -- that are the
reasons for this post:

1.  I had to remove the lame "-x" param from the custom-convert.conf
file (in the rtsp mp3 line).  Simply changing it to "$-x$" did not
work.  With the "-x" param, all I got from the BBC was static.  I had
to do this again when I upgraded the AlienBBC to v2.4a4 because the
custom-convert.conf file was overwritten.  By the way, removing the
"-x" param was not necessary with Lame 3.97.

2.  Also, I had to set the "audio start time" in the SqueezeCenter to
10 (rather than 0).  Otherwise, the live BBC streams would not play
(the listen again streams would play but not the live streams).  I'm
guessing its a buffering problem.

--
jdavies