jezbo;379237 Wrote:

> All comments/suggestions/bug-reports gratefully received.

I'm completely blown away, it looked really nice on the screen shots
but I hadn't actually thought it would work as good as at looked, but
it does. This is so much better than anything I've seen on the market,
including applications from big vendors like WMP, iTunes and others.
The player functionality is of course better in other applications, but
as you state on your web page the purpose of muso isn't to replace that
part.

I totally love the seamless integration with the online services like
Amazon and LastFM.

Some bugs and enhancement proposals:
- It would be nice with Prev button on Amazon reviews so you could step
back and forth between reviews.
- SqueezeCenter import doesn't work towards 7.1 and later releases
where tracks.lastplayed has been moved to tracks_persistent.lastplayed
- The album art in the overview pages, for example under Years, aren't
displayed until I've clicked on an album once.
- The "Courtesy of Amazon" icon in Now Playing view links to Amazon.com
(I've configured it to use amazon.co.uk)
- The "Courtesy of Amazon" icon in Now Playing view links to main page
Amazon.com not the page for the currently playing album
- It doesn't split multiple genres tagged in a single GENRE tag,
SqueezeCenter is able to split a genre tagged as "Pop;Rock" into two
genres if you has specified ";" as separator character in SqueezeCenter
interface. I used iTunes import if that matters.
- Is the anyway to unqueue music that has been queued ?
- It seems to loose the Queue when you restart the application
- The album covers under "All by this artist" isn't shown until I've
clicked on them. If I press back after I've clicked on them they are
shown in the thumbnail also.
- The back button doesn't seem to work exactly as I expect it to. If I
first enter a Last FM page and then click the Back button, it steps
back to the last LastFM page as was on not back to where I came from.
- I think I would prefer that clicking the X (close) icon would iconize
it to the tray area instead of exiting the application.
- If you decide to iconize it to the tray area it would be nice if it
either provided a notification window when the track changes with
information about the new track (compare to the one the Moose
application offers). Alternatively a possibility to put it as a small
window on the desktop, like those shown on the right side of the screen
in Windows Vista.
- Pressing enter in the "Filter / Search" field doesn't initiate the
search, I currently have to manually press the button beside this field
to initiate the search
- It would be really nice with an integration to allmusic.com but I
think it might require some licensing agreements.
- I think it would be good to have more ways of browsing your music,
especially if this should work for classical music. For example,
browsing by composer and by work is important.
- I would also like some statistic browsing methods like show most
played and recently played. Maybe you could use the LastFM statistics
for this ?
- Hitting the "Avge Rating" button at the top of the "by Genres"
browsing page sometimes just shows a "Please waiting..." message and
nothing more happens.
- It would be nice if it at least shown available playlists and allowed
you to list their contents and select to play them. I think this is
something that is going to be missed by many users since a lot of
people have playlist oriented listening behavior. Maybe you could
integrate with some playlist managing application in similar way as you
have integrated with the players, so a user can view and play the
playlist directly from muso but when he wants to edit it you open it in
an external application ?
- Smart/Dynamic playlists are also going to be something people like to
have, it's probably enough if you can select to play them directly from
muso.

I tried it on Linux but unfortunately didn't get it to work with
Mono(.Net implementation) or wine(Windows emulator), fortunately it
worked perfect inside a virtualbox virtual machine. It's applications
like yours that makes me wonder if my decision to switch to Linux was
correct...

Once again, really really REALLY GREAT work.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))