bpa;379962 Wrote:
> I've been thinking about what a recording plugin would look like.
>

> That's the easy bit - how would the user stop it.?

I've also been thinking about better options for recording off-air
"live" streams, as although get_iplayer and the iPlayer plugins work
well they're useless for people outside the UK or for non-BBC shows and
also eat Broadband volume if you're on some type of volume-capped ISP
deal. The best way, albeit much more practical for Linux users I
suspect, would be to use the Now / Next / Schedule data on DVB streams
to enable a full PVR solution, which could obviously stop the recording
when the programme title changes (leaving also an option for start time
/ stop time setting?) and allow recording of a list of show names
whenever they appear - using the additional data in the DVB SI I think
you can also weed out repeats. I guess this is heading towards a
greatly cut-down MythTV type system aimed only at Radio and controlled
by a Squeezebox plugin

The DVBSERVER plugin exposes the Programme Name information and now
supports DVB-S, so is good for BBC reception over much of Europe. Not
sure if any of the FM options (Radioshark?) exposes RDS data, which
could similarly be used to start / stop recording based on Programme
Name?

So many ideas, so little time.....

Phil

--