So I listen to the WNYC2 stream a lot (located here:
http://www.wnyc.org/wnyc2/), but what gets me about it is that unlike
many .pls streams, artist and track info is not updated in the title
marquee.

I'm not always near the PC, so if I hear an interesting song I have to
make a mad dash to the site to see what is, in fact, playing.

I thought there might be some way to integrate this functionality into
the Duet player, but I'm not sure how to begin, and my instinct is that
it cannot be done.

If you click on the left-hand pane on the WNYC site, under WNYC2: Now
playing, a javascript floating window pops up telling you the track
info.  In fact, there is even a Google gadget that provides similar
functionality
(http://partnerpage.google.com/ig/directory?url=www.wnyc.org%2Fwnyc2%2Fwhatson_gadget.py).
So obviously this information can be extracted, but I'm guessing that
something like js is well beyond the functionality on the player - is
this correct?  Is there a way to cobble this together through a hacked
rss feed, or something? Or will I have to settle for checking the site
and/or listening to the announcer between cuts?

Figured it was worth at least asking!  Thanks.

--
softsantear