gorman;383225 Wrote:
> Am I right in understanding that with the latest version this scenario
> is entirely doable? If so, please PM me with your e-mail because I want
> to paypal something to you, as I've been waiting three years for this to
> be possible. :D

Almost.  With the server suspended and the players on SqueezeNetwork
but turned "off" and displaying the clock, just turning a player "on"
using the remote doesn't generate a WOL, I'm sorry to say.  This is an
aspect of the SB3s firmware and is by design.  If you think about it,
how can the SB3 know when you want to just want to turn it on to play
content from SN (and not wake your server) vs. wanting to wake the
server?  Thus, the SB3 only issues a WOL packet when it has no
connection..either to the server or to SN.

But, to wake up your server and yank the players back from
SqueezeNetwork, you do have several choices:

1). If there are specific times of day that you want to the server to
be up and the players connected, you could do this:

Create a playlist using the attached, zipped silent mp3 file.  Set an
alarm for the player using that playlist.  With this method,
SrvrPowerCtrl will schedule server wakeup for the alarm, but, as the
alarm is silent, nobody gets annoyed.  Once the server is up,
SrvrPowerCtrl will drag the players back from SN.

-- or --

2). Fire off a WOL packet at the server from another device (e.g. a
laptop or a SBC).  Again, once the server is awake, SrvrPowerCtrl will
yank back the SN players.

-- or --

3).  Use one of the connected SN players:  from the "off" clock
display, itÂ’s 4 remote clicks to return to the local server and wol it:
1). "Power", 2). "Up" (to get to "Connect to SqueezeCenter", 3). "Right"
to make the connection, and finally 4).  "Power" again to issue the
WOL.

Please direct your paypal dollars to some worthy charitable cause.  My
personal reward starts on January 20th when I expect that this
permanent headache I've had for the past 8 years will finally start to
dissipate.

|Filename: null_02s.zip                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6699|

gharris999