indifference_engine;384462 Wrote:
> Thanks.
> I'm sure the Squeezeslave instances will need unique MAC addresses (not
> a problem) and it appears the option is there for each instance to bind
> with a its own soundcard. The only question is can Windows cope with
> two soundcards or is squeezeslave's device-id option only really useful
> for linux or mac users?

They are indeed useful for Windows.  I run two squeezeslave copies on
my XP system.  One for the MB based sound card (Realtek) for speakers
and another for my logitech USB headset dongle.  I like the USB sound
adapter as I don't have to listen to the computer interference in the
headphones.

Note that some of the command line options have changed in the newer
version of squeezeslave.  SS no longer prints the devices by default
and the --signal/-s option is always used and no longer needs to be
specified.  The device list includes input devices which are useless at
this point, I just ignore them. I've been testing the latest windows
version for the last month and will shortly be releasing the new
version on sourceforge.

C:\Program Files\Squeezeslave>squeezeslave-0.8-25 -L
Output devices:
0: Primary Sound Driver
1: Realtek HD Audio output
2: Logitech USB Headset
3: Primary Sound Capture Driver
4: Realtek HD Audio Input
5: Logitech USB Headset

Here are the two scripts I use to start both squeezeslaves in my
startup menu.  Squeezecenter runs on the same system, so I don't
specify an IP address at the end of the command line.

Code:
--------------------

  C:\Program Files\Squeezeslave>type ss-realtek.cmd
  @echo off
  :start
  "C:\Program Files\Squeezeslave\squeezeslave-0.8-12.exe" -s -r15 -O -o1
-m01:17:31:7B:88:7b
  sleep 10
  goto start

  C:\Program Files\Squeezeslave>type ss-logitech.cmd
  @echo off
  :start
  "C:\Program Files\Squeezeslave\squeezeslave-0.8-25.exe" -r15 -o2
-m02:17:31:7B:88:7b
  sleep 10
  goto start

--