jagertee;390166 Wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the first proper beta release of the *VLC
> Controller 2 Plugin*. It extends SqueezeCenter with the ability to
> -remotely control- a 'VLC Media Player' (http://www.videolan.org/vlc).
> The Plugin uses the VLC HTTP Interface to communicate with a VLC Media
> Player somewhere in the network. While the plugin is active, most
> remote control keys are mapped to VLC. The focus of this plugin is on
> video playback, audio is -not- streamed through SqueezeCenter!

Is the idea to be able to control your video library on a HTPC by using
a Squeezebox Classic as browse/now playing display instead of the TV (as
MythTV and similar solutions does) ?

I'd love to hear how you plan to use this yourself and why you have
selected to use it instead of other HTPC software.

I wonder if this could be used for other things as well, for example
transcoding using VLC. I have a feeling this plugin might be one of
those which is designed to do one thing but end up doing completely
other things beside its original intention.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))