I can't find any evidence that the card is the problem plagued "150"
referred to in the links you provided.  Further evidence that it is
not, is that I can use the VLC GUI to play video and audio from the
Hauppauge card, unlike the posters to the VLC forum.  Interestingly, in
searching the cards nomoclature, I have discovered where the "([23"
comes from.  In Windows Device Manger under Properties for the
Hauppauge card, it is listed as an Audio Device called "Hauppauge WinTV
PVR PCI II ([23\25\26]xxx) Audio Capture".  Elsewhere, it is shown only
as "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)" which I expect is the correct
name stripped of the "23" and "25" options.  If this is indeed the
case, I am at at loss to explain why the VLC GUI works when "Hauppauge
WinTV PVR PCI II ([23" is selected as the audio capture device.
Probably the options box is truncating the whole name, but is using it
correctly in the VLC S/W.

Anyway, bpa, I appreciate very much your efforts to get my tuner card
working with your plugin, but I think we have to conclude that it is
its oddities, not your plugin, that is at fault and not worth putting
any more effort into it.  I probably will explore the matter a bit more
on the VLC forum and perhaps revisit your plugin armed with more
information.  Thanks again.

--
raglencross