I am rewriting a squeezecenter v7.X plugin that I originally wrote for
slimserver 6.x that talks to my homecontrol system (HomeVisionXL).
However, as I have only a basic perl knowledge, I am getting confused
with the way the new browse menus work and could do with a few
pointers.

Essentially I need a hierarchy of menus (modes) that can be navigated
up and down. At the bottom of each tree I need to match a selection and
then invoke my subroutine to talk to the controller. I have looked at
other plugins but none seem to use a consistent set of squeezecenter
commands or do quite what I am trying to do.

Could someone point me at or share with me a good example?

Many thanks in advance.

--
jack0