I took about 5 minutes to install this on my Ubuntu server.  It was much
simpler than I thought.  Simply edited the install.xml file, installed
the plugin, and then rebooted.   The required modules all were
previsouly installed (checked in synaptic).
This is alpha software, and while it would be nice to have an interface
for the controller and web, AND access to archive games, it was nice to
be able to listen to out-of-town (i.e. market) games.

The low quality of the audio reminded me of listening to baseball on AM
radio while driving cross country.   No fading though!

It would be wise, I think, of the powers that be to get this polished a
little bit, adding to the legion of logo's they support on their
packaging.  Lots of fans who would love to listen on their Booms
outside....

Thanks for the tips...

--
ericj