pippin;406931 Wrote:
> 5K albums is a lot. It will take a while to sync those. 1.1 will be
> better, at least if you use SC 7.3.2 or newer, but it will still be
> several minutes with any system, SC is not that fast.
> I don't have a ReadyNAS, but I'd expect it to be slower from what I see
> in reports so it can easily be 10-min minutes until all data is synced.
>
> Please note that this is not really an iPeng limitation, a
> SqueezeboxController will also not perform very fast with a ReadyNAS
> and a library the size of yours. The problem here is the CPU in the
> ReadyNAS.
>
> Did you try to change that Artwork resample setting?
>
> As soon as the library is synced and the artwork has been loaded once,
> there should be no speed issues regardless of whether you use a PC or
> the ReadyNAS.
>
> For comparison, I just checked against a huge database with 24.000
> tracks and that one took around 15 min to synchronize. But that was
> from a fast server, yet through a slow mobile phone connection.

Pippin - the ipeng app currently refreshes its data each time it loads
to make sure it is capturing the latest scan and is therefore
up-to-date. However, I'm using ipeng with only one server and
infrequently add to my music library. Is it possible to cache the
library data and check against a scan reference (i.e. if no new scan
completed then assume no new data)?

This would mean the app could start immediately, yes?

BB

--
BBear