bengil;408233 Wrote:
> I've installed iPeng on my iPhone 3G, am running SC on a Mac OSX,
> version 7.3.2. My player is working fine with the SC on the Mac, no
> problems with the network, no DHCP, no firewalls.
>
> However iPeng on the iPhone can't locate the player automatically, and
> even if I enter the player IP address directly (in this case
> 192.168.0.4) it still cannot locate.
>
> Any ideas? I'd love to get this working - looks like just the app I've
> been looking for!

iPeng doesn't need to locate the PLAYER but the SERVER. iPeng always
talks to the server since the way the Squeezebox architecture is made,
a Squeezebox always needs a server to work with.

>From your explanation I assume that with "direct connection to the
player" you mean you want to be able to use iPeng with your player when
it's connected to SqueezeNetwork instead of SqueezeCenter?
That's currently not possible but the next iPeng release (currently
late in the beta phase and targeted to be submitted to the App Store
early next week) will support that, too.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com