peterw;416612 Wrote:
> Just curious -- why?
>
> There used to be a bug that Squeezeboxes that had previously been
> playing a Random Mox would turn on & resume playing all on their own.
> Before that was fixed, I would manually clear the playlist when turning
> off an SB to be sure that bug wouldn't kick in. What's your reason?

Hi,

first of all, thansk for the replies.

Indeed, it is curious. I just wana try something.

Since i installed MusicIP and Spicefly on my NAS, i observe problems
with HDD standby, when i played Music with MusicIP or spicefly enabled.
When i switch the SB just off, the NAS does not go into standby. When i
disconnect the SB, or switch it to SqueezeNetwork and back, or if i
clear the playlist, the NAS goes into standby.

I already thought about the execute plugin. Nevertheless, up to now i
have not really found a tutorial for the cli commands. So i don't know,
how to send the command clear playlist to the corresponding player.

I know, that this is not the best solution, but it would be a
workaround till i found the real root cause.

One thing i know is, that SC accesses the database frequently, when the
HDD does not go into standby. This is not the case, when the playlist is
cleared, or the player's connection is interupted for a short time.

--
mr_hyde

2 x Squeezebox 3 - SSOTS 3.15 (QPKG) - Squeezecenter 7.3.3 - QNAP TS439
Pro (2.1.4_0317T) - 3 x 500 GB Hitachi (RAID5)