mherger;419412 Wrote:
> > I get the same list of alternatives in the left pane with each title
> > being clickable.  Clicking on one of the listed titles takes you to
> > separate All Music window containing the relevant review.
>
> Right. But lack of web browser this isn't implemented yet for the
> Controller ;-). I have some code for similar cases in Biography. Might
> try
> to do this for AlbumReview too. But as for now, this is not
> implemented.
>
> You said this was important to you: what are your album names which
> aren't
> found?
>
> --
>
> Michael
Michael, I think that part of the problem is that I probably have a
high proportion of "obscure" albums in my collection, mostly jazz from
the 1960s and 1970s which do not have allmusic reviews and hence return
a list of 'close matches' in Album Review.  However a good example of an
album which gives me trouble but does have a review is Mingus's 'Blues &
Roots".  Using the Album Review plugin on this produces a list of two
entries - the original album and the Japanese re-issue.  On the allmusic
website the reviews for each of these are identical but each has a
unique cover shot picture since the covers were different for the two
releases, and I think perhaps the track listing for the alternate takes
may also differ.  In any case allmusic chooses to present this as two
entries and hence I get a list of two on the Controller, neither of
which I can actually select to read since scrolling doesn't work.

As another example, clicking on Cream's Albert Hall 2005 set gets me 4
or 5 listings, including one for the DVD.

Having said that, when it does work - and this is the case with the
majority of the searches I do -  it works well and is a valuable
addition to the overall usefulness of the Controller as an aid to a good
listening session.

davep

--
davep