I just wanted to mention for those who have gone the MusicIP route and
put in the time to scan and fingerprint their collection that I am
finding the Sugarcube plugin to be an absolutely excellent method of
listening to your collection in a 'random but structured' way.

Thinking of one track you want to hear and hitting play starts you off
on a usually interesting trawl through your music, turning up tracks
that work but that you would never have thought to play yourself.  I
find I have quite a few albums that I don't actually know that well and
certainly not well enough to be able to pick a title and say "that's the
sort of thing I want to hear", and as a result these are the albums that
almost never get tracks payed during a normal listening session.

Sugarcube overcomes that by continually adding one more track to the
end of your now playing list as each song finishes.  This means that you
are constantly in the dark about what is coming up after the next track
and thus provides an element of (usually pleasant) surprise.

This is now my dominant method of listening.  Highly recommended.

davep

--
davep