Getting this plugin working again (for anything other than the alternate
language broadcasts :) will take some doing.

The good news is that as of May 5 mlbviewer [
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlbviewer ] is able to get MLB Gameday
Audio (and Video) feeds, convert them to FLV with rtmpdump, and play the
result with mplayer.  The author posted this summary of how mlbviewer
gets the RTMP URL:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/mlb.tv-in-linux-432479/page111.html#post3531434
.

Ideally the SqueezeBox would support RTMP natively, removing the need
for rtmpdump, but I don't know whether or when that might happen.

In the meantime, conceptually it should be possible to feed the FLV to
the SqueezeBox instead of to mplayer.   I don't know enough about
SqueezeCenter's APIs to say if this would be straightforward.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of cycles to spare right now, but I'm
happy to provide any pointers to anyone who'd like to dig in and apply
daftcat's experience with mlbviewer to mlb-squeezeday.

--
thromer

Ted Romer